CEI Executive Director
Job ID: #16485
Salary Range: $69,999 - $103,374
Plans, implements and directs a comprehensive business incubation program and state-of-the-art facility for the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI) in Phoenix, Arizona. Responsible for all aspects of incubation management, including; strategic planning, budget management, business coaching, comprehensive client services and programming, partnership development and community relations.
60% - Forms business development training programs and workshops; creates comprehensive clients service offerings and provides leadership for the implementation of these programs; provides counseling and monitoring client company outcomes; develops grant proposals and administers grant-funded programs and services; seeks other funding sources to accomplish the financial goals of the Incubator; seeks angel and capital investment opportunities for client companies to aid in the commercialization or acquisition process.
20% - Recruits new client companies; makes presentations to business and community groups; marketing and public relations planning.
10% - Creates and implements strategic planning of the organization; financial management, systems, budgeting and oversight.
10% - Hires, supervises and evaluates staff; performs related duties as assigned.
1) - Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Communication, Entrepreneurial studies or related field from an accredited institution.
2) - Three (3) or more years of incubation management and/or operations experience.
3) - Three (3) or more years of experience in budget management.
4) - Three (3) or more years of experience in strategic planning and small business development.
5) - Three (3) or more years of experience supervising and directing staff.
1) - Five (5) or more years of experience in incubation management and operating a Bio-Tech/Technology based Incubator.
2) - Five (5) or more years of experience as an entrepreneur with a successful business launch.
3) - Three (3) or more years of experience in web strategies, social media, marketing.
4) - Experience in project management and/or process improvement.
5) - Certificate in Incubation Management from the National Business Incubation Association.
Special Working Conditions
This position occasionally requires the individual to work flexible hours. This position also requires occasional in-county travel and out-of-county travel for special events and meetings. May be required to lift objects up to 40 lbs. Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Drivers License is required. Must meet district minimum standards regarding driving.
Specially funded positions are employment at will. There are no grandfathering or ongoing property rights for internal transfers who apply for and accept this position. Please include a cover letter summarizing qualifications for this position.
How to Apply
Visit our Careers Page and click on Exec Dir Ctr Entr Innovation, (Job ID#: 16485) then click Apply Now. Apply no later than 11:59 PM (MST) on Sunday, April 17, 2016.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Commercial Property Manager
ICNC works to strengthen the companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor on Chicago's Nearwest Side Community. Please see www.industrialcouncil.com for information on ICNC’s mission and activities. In addition to representing and providing assistance to hundreds of companies in its community, ICNC owns and operates the Fulton-Carroll Center (FCC) small business incubator, which houses 110 small business tenants in its 416,000 square foot facility.
The Commercial Property Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the entire facility and is responsible for the performance of it. This would include managing tasks such as marketing vacant spaces, evaluating potential incubator companies, negotiating leases, supervising maintenance staff, working with Executive Director to develop capital and operating budgets, ensuring regular maintenance of facilities and inventory management, handling and resolving complaints and tenant concerns, and soliciting bids for capital and tenant build-out projects.
It is important that the candidate be able to interact with varying levels of staff, management and customers. The candidate must have the ability to identify and implement necessary changes to current policies and procedures. This position reports to the Executive Director and supervises a staff of ten.
Market Vacant Spaces
- Monitor current/future vacancies and ensure adequate marketing efforts of all open spaces
- Oversee creation of ads for space in newspapers and other publications, as needed
- Strive to maintain a high occupancy of quality tenants (with an understanding and appreciation ofincubator mission of property)
Present Spaces to Potential Tenants
- Meet with and show space to potential tenants
- Determine needs of clients and building, show spaces, discuss, explain and negotiate terms of occupancy lease
- Coordinate resources to discuss tenant build-outs (bringing in maintenance staff and contractors as appropriate)
Provide Business Development Services to Tenants (as appropriate)
- Market ICNC’s business advising services and make referrals between tenants and ICNC staff as appropriate
Manage Incubator Application and Leasing Process
- Review initial application, business plan and financials of prospective tenant
- Manage potential tenant evaluation/interview process
- Process credit check, prepare lease & present to Executive Director for signature
- Maintain all leasing data and documents and update in MRI property management database
- Ensure tenants have proper and up-to-date insurance certificates and other required coverage
- Provide bi-monthly leasing report to Executive Director summarizing activity
Manage Maintenance Staff, Oversee Building Work and Lead Special Projects
- Oversee all building repair, tenant build-outs and major capital improvement projects
- Supervise a maintenance staff of ten and provide opportunities for professional development
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop capital and operating income/expense budgets and identify ways to control costs
- Create, manage and update facilities maintenance schedule as necessary
- Identify and implement needed changes in current building and staffing policies and procedures
- Assist in special projects and complete other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ of directly relevant experience in Sales, Leasing and Small Business Development (Entrepreneurship);
- Understanding of role and goals of business development incubator;
- Previous supervisory experience or management of teams;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel;
- Familiarity with database management software (i.e MRI, Salesforce, Constant Contact);
- Sense of humor;
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers, tenants and vendors;
- Dependable and flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality ;
- Exceptional time management and strong organizational skills;
- Access to the Internet/email when not in the office;
- Active listener and understands the importance of accountability;
- Able to maintain strong, positive, collegial working relationships with staff, board, and outside consultants and professional service providers;
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills;
- Capacity to effectively prioritize, multi-task and follow through.
Open office environment, but much time to be spent walking the property, in particular, may spend a large part of their work day visiting the building engineer, showing spaces, checking on the maintenance staff, or investigating problems reported by tenants. May need to be available to handle emergencies, even when off duty
Benefits of the Position
This is a full-time position
- Annual starting salary range $55,000 to $75,000; commensurate with experience
- Benefit incentives includes: one week paid vacation to start, eleven paid holidays, five personal days, group health insurance, simple IRA with company matching, short and long term disability and life insurance
- Training and career development opportunities available as annual budgets permit
No Relocation is available
How to Apply
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC)
Commercial Property Manager Search Committee
320 North Damen Avenue, 1st fl.
Chicago, IL 60612
The subject line must include the recruiting code CPM
No phone calls will be taken regarding this job announcement. For further information about the organization, please visit ICNC’s website at: www.industrialcouncil.com.
ICNC is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free, drug-free work place.
University of South Florida - Associate Director for Innovation & Incubation
Job Title: Associate Director for Innovation & Incubation Job ID:
USF Tampa Full/Part Time:
Regular Position Details: Dept Number/Name:
0-7907-000 / USF Research Foundation College Division:
Research & Innovation Salary Plan:
Administrative Job Code/Title:
9547 / Associate Director for Innovation & Incubation Hiring Salary/Salary Range:
$85,000 - Negotiable Position Number:
00027622 ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY:
The University of South Florida supports economic development in the Tampa Bay region and the State of Florida with cutting-edge programs that bring together the strengths of the USF System, the Tampa Bay region, and the State of Florida, providing a critical interface that stimulates high-tech and biotech industries and creates jobs. The USF Research Foundation, a not-for-profit, direct-support organization, promotes and operates the USF Research Park of Tampa Bay. The Research Foundation also supports the Innovation & Incubation Program, which includes USF CONNECT, the Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI), the Student Innovation Incubator, and the Florida High Tech Corridor Matching Grants Program. POSITION SUMMARY:
The USF Research Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, visionary individual to serve as the Associate Director for Innovation & Incubation. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Technology Transfer & Business Partnerships, the responsibilities of the Associate Director include community and industry engagement in concert with local, regional, national, and global economic; development of programs and activities associated with incubation programs; and the grants program, including the development of funding opportunities and the Florida High Tech Corridor Matching Grants. The Associate Director will establish an agenda and implementation strategy for incubation and serve as the University's point-of-contact to facilitate communication and coordination with such community organizations as chambers of commerce, Enterprise Florida, the Tampa Bay Partnership, and the Tampa-Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation to attract new business and industry to the Tampa Bay area and the USF Research Park, in particular. The Associate Director provides momentum for developing and strengthening partnerships with business and industry that have significant impact on the University, the local community, and the State of Florida. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directs the Innovation & Incubation Program. Develops business and research relationships that help to identify and support expanded career opportunities in the local, state, national, and International economies. Expands USF's local, state, national, and international business relationships in international areas where the university presently operates. Works collaboratively with community partners, funding organizations and the university to assist with the assessment of the community needs. Builds collaborations with the USF System and community to assist incubator companies and build relationships, mentors and coaches incubator companies, evaluates program based on incubation industry best practices and develops strategy and solutions for program development and expansion, recruits and directs the activities of associated advisory groups. Assists with the recruitment of clients for the incubator. Tracks and reports program metrics, prepares funding reports.
Consults with the Office of General Counsel on matters of regulations and policies; develops and implements pertinent policies. Consults with the Associate Vice President on major policy changes and represents the unit in cross-functional policy development. Travels to deliver client services, conduct presentations, and for other purposes as required.
Acts on behalf of the Associate Vice President in her absence and serves as Accountable Officer for unit budget, revenue, and expenditures. Researches grant funding opportunities, prepares proposals, manages grants to achieve desired outcomes, and develops reports. Manages unit employees. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: MINIMUM:
This position requires a master's degree or higher and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in technology and business incubation, or a bachelor's degree and five years of progressively responsible technology and business incubation experience. Candidates should have a strong understanding of local and state laws, policies, business incentives, and opportunities that impact economic development. PREFERRED:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a record of strong leadership capabilities in economic development and incubation at the local, state, and national levels, preferably as an employee of a higher education institution, and a successful record of coordinating activities and programs with personnel responsible for economic development, technology transfer, workforce development, entrepreneurship, business incubation, and community outreach. Candidates should have experience managing or working with grants and economic development funding programs, such as matching grants, preferably in Florida. Knowledge of technology business incubator best practices and structure, as well as economic development metrics collection, reporting, and analysis is important. Successful grant writing and grant administration experience is highly desirable. Information for Applicants:
This is a 12-month, full-time, benefit-eligible position. For consideration, a cover letter explaining the applicant's background and interest in the position, a resume, and a list of references with contact information must be included (employers will not be contacted without permission of the applicant). Examples of grant writing may be requested at the point of interview.
USF Research & Innovation views its positions as career track and affords our employees educational and professional opportunities for growth. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, highly visible administrative field, we encourage your application.
This position is subject to a criminal background check. Job Opening Number
: 9725 Posting End Date
: Open Until Filled How To Apply:
Click on the Apply Now
. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
for additional tutorial information. Equal Employment Opportunity:
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace. Work Location:
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus About USF:
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida's spectacular west coast. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.3 percent of all universities.
At the heart of USF is a vibrant, diverse and engaged student body. More than 47,000 students are enrolled in the USF System, a system of three separately accredited institutions – USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota-Manatee – with an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion. The university's main Tampa campus is home to USF Health, including the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Pharmacy.
With over 230 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, specialty and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine, there's something for everyone at USF. The university offers a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration and is focused on student success. More than 2,000 distinguished scholars, researchers and expert teachers, nearly all holding PhDs or the highest degrees in their fields, make up the USF faculty – including the 2012 U.S. Professor of the Year.
USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference, with 17 men's and women's varsity teams competing at the NCAA-level. New facilities for practice and competition, along with a completely renovated USF Sun Dome, put the university's athletic facilities on par with virtually every top program in the country. For more information about USF please visit: http://www.usf.edu/ Working at USF:
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here
Apply Here: https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1